Sunday, August 17, 2008

New frog tank

Okay. I have the most spoiled frogs on the planet. There are seven fire-bellied toads in the tank. They were in a 10-gallon but I really wanted to go from a mostly land tank to a mostly water tank.

My sister and I spent plenty of time at Petco picking things out yesterday. We ended up getting a 20 gallon (long) tank, a reptile filter, a big rock formation and a rocky bridge. The filter serves as a filtration system (duh) as well as pretty sound and a small water feature. This morning I got another plant with a suction cup for the back wall too. The frogs love to climb the vines and stuff.

What do you think of the tank?


Here's what the tank looks like during the day.


And here it is at night!

This is the bridge Danielle found. It has suction cups so it will stick to the side. On the left you can see the bubbles from the waterfall.


This is the magnetic rock my mom picked up for me. I put it just above the water so they can climb right up. They can get to the bridge from it too.


The fish tank light is nice because it isn't too bright but gives a nice glow at night. I'm sure the frogs are grateful for mood lighting.


Leap frog on the bridge.


A re-enactment of cliffhanger by one of the frogs.


The submarine effect. Awesome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree the frogs are very spoiled but why not make it fun too. The frogs sure do seem to like the tank and it's amazing how hard it can be to find all of the frogs.

Mom