Sunday, November 9, 2008

ChaCha is doing much better!

I don't know how many people have leopard geckos, but I totally love mine (if you couldn't already tell by all the pictures). Recently, ChaCha got really sick. She wasn't walking around...her belly was swollen...her tail looked purple... I was really worried and talked to the pet center in Northampton. They suggested putting her in warm water a few times a day in hopes of getting her to be able to go to the bathroom. After 2-3 days of the hot tub treatment, it she wasn't doing much better.

I took her to the vet and got some laxatives and baby food to feed her. They told me that the calcium-based sand is said to be safe for geckos but if they ingest it (it happens when they go to grab food) the sand can get all stuck in her intestinal tract. I guess that's what happens.

Now that I've been doing the medicine and hot tubbing her, she's doing much better. I changed over to the artificial carpeting so she can't go eating sand anymore.



2 comments:

Crissi Harvey said...

awwwwwww poor chacha she looks really cute glad shes doing better its horrible when our pets get ill.

Corri Taylor said...

she sure is pretty hope she feels better