Saturday, August 9, 2008

Funky Fairy challenge -- "celebrations"

Here is my submission for the Funky Fairy challenge, "celebrations". My Uncle John's birthday is this month and he always barbecues so when I saw this background paper, I had my idea! It works out perfectly because I got him these flavored skewers at Wegman's (they are marinated wood...it's supposed to soak the flavor into the food) for his gift. Just to add to it... my aunt and uncle are getting their backyard all remodeled with an outdoor kitchen and everything!

I found the luv2bbq and picture of the barbecue stamps at AC Moore for $1 each. The solid brown paper is from Close to My Heart and I can't honestly remember the brand of the barbecue paper.


I used pop dots to raise the picture of the barbecue and added two sets of three brushed silver brads. They are kind of hard to see...not sure if it was worth putting them on!

6 comments:

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

A fabby card Dana!! Your Uncle will love it I'm sure! ^.^

Thanks for joining the Funky Fairy's challenge this week x

Ria Zonnestraaltje said...

Really cute card ;)
Thanks for playing the FF Challenge.

hugs Ria

Valérie Goldenschue said...

très jolie carte, merci de ta participation

Moni said...

Tolle Einladungskarte.

meayla said...

very different this card!! love it!! glad you joined in x

Jozza said...

Great card!

Thanks for joining in with the funky fairies xxx