Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Easy as...well... pie

I love to make yogurt pie. It takes about 5 minutes and always gets rave reviews. My mom gave me the recipe (I think).

Here's all you need:
1 pie crust
2 yogurts (I get fruit on the bottom so it has pieces of the fruit in it)
1 container of Cool Whip (NOT LOW-FAT....the pie will not set right if you use low-fat)

Can you believe it? Couldn't be any easier! Just mix the yogurts and cool whip together in a bowl....pour it in the crust...refrigerate for at least a few hours.

This is dessert for tomorrow night's dinner. That way I know it'll be totally set and ready to go. I made one with blueberry yogurt and one with strawberry.

Another great thing about the recipe is that it is CHEAP!
pie crust = $1.29
2 yogurts @ 50 cents = $1.00
cool whip = 89 cents

A whole pie for a little over $3...can't beat it!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Regular full fat Cool Whip is always the way to go, in my opinion. :) Looks good! (This is Jess Kling, by the way :) )