Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Just Christmas and Birthday sketch challenge

I think I've mastered messing up challenges lately. I totally drew all my sketches out for the challenges and then started making the cards. I made a valentine with this sketch.... it's for the "Just Christmas and Birthday" blog. What a silly girl I am.

Regardless, this card is super fun. It will probably go to my grandma because it came out really nice and took for-ev-er.

I used a masking technique to get all the little candies in the jar. This stamp set came with the jar and little things to fill it with. I wanted it to have a realistic look so I stamped some of the candy hearts onto post-its. Then I cut them out carefully. I stamped a few hearts into the jar and then covered them and stamped over the post-its. It gives lots of depth! I have to credit my stamp lady, Jes Ballas for that one!

Here's a close-up of the candy jar. It is covered in liquid glass.

3 comments:

Karin said...

Beautifull card.
love the papers, cute image and the way you've used al those ribbons on the card.
Thanks for joining the JCBC.

xoxo karin

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Wow what a gorgeous card and a great take on the sketch, loveing all those ribbons, they are fabulous. You can tell from my blog i love ribbons. Have to say my mouth has been watering from looking at all that lovely food you have on here too!!! hugs Lindax

Stampin'Piper said...

Great Card and such a funny image! I love it!

Thanks for joining us this week!

Hugs Tanja
(JCBC Team)